Accounting Team Manager
At Allstate Northern Ireland, we believe it’s more than just a job. We believe in allowing our people to choose the direction of their careers. It’s about you, your future and where you want to get to.
Opportunity is the hallmark of the Allstate career experience. We invest heavily in our employees, offering long term career development, personal growth and investment in new technologies. Every day is different, with new ideas, challenges, and rewards — no matter which team you join.
We believe that inclusive diversity is crucial to creating a culture of mutual respect where the strengths and talents of each individual are recognised. We like to leave things better than we found them and deliver results. We do all of this while having fun and exploring personal passions.
Allstate operate a very flexible hybrid working model with a blend of remote and office working for NI based employees. Employees based in GB will be employed on a permanent remote working contract
Join our team and you’ll find challenge and reward in a culture of innovation, support and balance.
Your role in the team
We are currently seeking an Accounting Team Leader to support our growing financial footprint in Northern Ireland. The team supports the vehicle service contract segment and offers a unique opportunity to see the business from start to finish. Team members will learn about our products, sales channels, and claim handling; see how customer transactions flow into the accounting records and financial statements; and get exposure to the service contract and P&C insurance industries. This is an opportunity to get behind the numbers and see how the business works. The team is an integral part of the business unit with exposure to other departments within the business unit.
The role will include overseeing the monthly close, preparing account reconciliations and coordinating with external providers. The successful candidate will be expected to provide timely financial analysis and information to facilitate sound business decisions. They will play a critical role in driving overall success by turning information into analytics and insights. They will be a thought leader and able to identify opportunities and solutions which deliver on business objectives
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Uses advanced accounting principles and understands the concepts, rules and terminology
- Reviews and evaluates complex issues and analyzes accounting and financial information
- Identifies issues and implements solutions quickly
- Manages the daily workflow of the team ensuring adherence to deadlines and assignment requirements
- Acts as site-manager for assigned staff members
- Assures completion of monthly accounting close responsibilities
- Provides monthly summary of significant transactions to leadership group
- Reviews account reconciliations and journal entries
- Coordinates with external providers of financial information
- Prepares annual state filings
- Provides SOX support to Governance team
- Responds to internal and external auditor requests for reports, explanations, and audit sample support.
So, what are the essential criteria to apply?
- All candidates must evidence an existing right to work in the UK
- Qualified Accountant
- 1+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years’ relevant accounting experience with a strong understanding of accounting principles and the concepts, rules, and terminology common to financial accounting
- Advanced knowledge and the ability to use the concepts, techniques, and issues involved in planning projects and processes
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities including look-up formulas and pivot tables
- Applicants must be willing and eligible to travel to the USA
We also have some desirable criteria
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years’ relevant accounting experience with a strong understanding of accounting principles and the concepts, rules, and terminology common to financial accounting
- Having a logical and analytical approach.
- Good problem solving skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate well, build relationships and work as part of a team.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and the ability to analyze, manipulate, and interpret large amounts of data. Microsoft Access a plus.
- SAP knowledge
What we offer
As Digital DNA’s Workplace of the Year 2020 winners, we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you’ll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.