Emerging Lead - Business Analyst
The Finance Risk Infrastructure Business Solutions Team (FRIBS) is responsible for providing business and technology solutions for our Finance and Risk business partners.
The Business Analyst is a key position responsible for identifying and resolving all types of data issues and preparing and delivering reporting along with Business Unit core team, IT, Enterprise Data Governance & Management. The analyst would look to ensure high levels of data quality, integrity, privacy, availability, security, usability and adherence to Corporate policies and procedures and regulatory reporting.
- Work with the Business teams to gather detailed, accurate and specific data requirements
- Gain a deep understanding of the regulatory environment in US, APAC and EMEA. Develop expertise on all components involved in the Financial Accounting and Reporting architecture, at regional level and contribute towards Business and IT process improvements.
- Handle Regulatory Reporting implementations and Change Management related activities
- Prepare functional and technical specifications documents and work closely with developers to ensure that they understand the specifications and deliver solutions for these specifications. Have a strong understanding of financial source systems, data repositories
- Work with Global counterparts and identify common tools and techniques which can be employed to increase the overall productivity of the team
- Work with other Business Analysts on firm-wide initiatives and participate in the front-to-back user testing and regression testing.
- Work on optimizing the project plan and review the test plan and co-ordinate with all necessary teams.
- Work with Business Analysts on firm-wide initiatives and participate in the testing phases
- Prepare functional and technical specifications documents and work closely with developers to ensure that they understand the specifications and deliver solutions for these specifications
- Perform Data Analytics and Data Analysis
- Support enterprise data-decision making processes and facilitate discussion to address conflicting viewpoints with the goal of arriving at mutually satisfactory agreements.
- Support leads as they guide the business and initiative area steward needs for information sourcing; provisioning; consumption; standardization; and reporting & analytics.
- Support the resolution of data, information and processing challenges that are having an adverse impact on the operational environment and/or business performance.
- Create reporting around data governance progress for key stakeholders and management.
- Participate/Initiate data quality efforts working closely with key stakeholders to design, develop and deploy process redesign, and tool implementation, where needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Axiom and associated data models and requirements is preferred
- Data & business analysis skills – Familiarity with data feeds, mapping documents, data specification documents. Ability to trace data elements through their lineage and transformation as data elements move through systems.
- Preferable to have prior experience in working for Data Intensive programs in Banking or Financial Services
- Proficiency in SQL is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Prior business operations and analyst role with data focus. Experienced in monitoring data.
- Self-confidence, high energy and tenacity in bringing issues to closure and moving forward are highly desired.
- BA/BS Computer Science / Business / MIS (or equivalent work experience to substitute for education).
- Understands Data Sourcing, Data Transformation, Data Mappings, Data Model, Normalization (& De Normalization)
- Familiarity with or experience in Banking, Securities, loan, trade products, Finance and Accounting domain
- Understanding of Agile Methodology is preferred
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.