Fund Accounting Associate (Graduate), Private Equity
HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments.Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (Dallas, New York & Raleigh), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
Private Equity @ HedgeServ:
The Private Equity Team is based across a number of locations including Dublin, Luxembourg and New York. Your role will involve regular communication with our global offices whilst also partnering with colleagues and senior members of the team on a daily basis. This allows you to gain a wide range of experience and foster strong working relationships.
We have an open and collaborative approach and look for everyone’s input when solving problems, this framework encourages professional development by empowering you to learn continuously and focus on more complex work as your experience progresses. Working in the PE department gives you exposure to new developments and forward-thinking approaches within our industry.
What you can expect?
At HedgeServ, graduates are in the unique position of gaining exposure to the full fund valuation process, up to and including financial statements. We adopt a blended approach to our graduate development programme mixing on-the-job training with our award-winning bespoke technology systems, as well as classroom based and e-learning support from our dedicated training department.
HedgeServ encourages and supports graduates to pursue a professional qualification through our tuition support programme in order to enhance your professional development. As such, we are an accredited employer with ACCA, ACA, CIMA and CPA as well as supporting other post graduate studies relevant to your future career.
We offer a market leading salary and benefits package with regular salary reviews during your graduate development programme. We offer a tailored health and well- being programme; have a very active Sport and Social Club and we are committed to supporting local charities.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly NAV, ensuring completion of specified tasks per NAV PE checklists
- Calculate and process capital calls, capital distributions and statements for closed-end funds
- Prepare investor P&L allocations and fee calculations as part of monthly and quarterly NAV packages
- Prepare waterfall calculations
- Prepare IRR calculations as required, including Investor IRR and Portfolio IRR
- Perform cash, position and market value reconciliations.
- Escalate fund accounting issues and aged items to the PE Supervisor
- Ensure all positions are priced correctly
- Calculate and process income and expense accruals including trading accruals
- Comply with HedgeServ’s defined checklists, procedures and controls
- Assist in the audit process if required
- Converse and liaise with internal service departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues.
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently
- HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum 2.2 Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree
- IT Literate with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to be flexible, self-motivated and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.