Senior Auditor I
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com
This professional will join the Corporate and Institutional Services (C&IS), Global Services (GS) and International team within the Audit Services Group. The Senior Auditor 1 will be responsible for planning, executing and leading a global portfolio of audit engagements covering a broad range of products and services, including Asset Servicing, Asset Management, Operations and Corporate Services predominantly within the EMEA region. You may also execute a broader role across the team in terms of recommending or developing operational efficiencies and/or producing and delivering presentations which assist the wider audit department with understanding root causes of control gaps, industry trends, peer practices, etc.
This position will report locally to the Audit Manager in Manila, and functionally to CGI Audit Manager – EMEA.
- Demonstrating asset and fund servicing knowledge (e.g. custody services, fund administration or capital markets) typically gained in a financial services audit environment, through the following:
- Providing subject matter and technical expertise to the Audit Team
- Staying current on regulatory rules and changes within the asset servicing industry and how these impact the audit planning activities
- Establish and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders;
- Accountable for assigned audits and ensure that work is performed timely and accurately
- Improves risk management, control, and governance effectiveness through systematic, disciplined audit evaluations
- Perform work that adheres to all Policies and Standards (e.g., creates electronic work papers to evidence scope of examination and accuracy of findings); professional auditing standards; and regulatory requirements;
- Through discussions with the business stakeholders and Audit partners, understand business processes to properly identify key risks and controls, determine audit scope, and develop audit work program;
- Ensure that deliverables are issued accurately, completely, and timely to stakeholders
- Provide guidance on testing of the governance structure and internal controls and testing key controls within these processes, specifically reliability and quality of data sources, reconciliations, and substantiation;
- Leads and oversees larger, more complex, and/or global reviews;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the business risks, controls, and processes, along with an understanding of relevant laws, regulatory rules and knowledge of the impact of systems within areas reviewed;
- Apply analytical skills, discussions with the Business and Audit Partners and the risk assessment process to properly identify key risks and controls, audit scope, and testing approach within an audit or other project;
- Accurately designs the testing approach and ensures, through first-level reviews, that work paper documentation is clear, concise, supports the reviews performed, and explains decisions made during the project;
- Communicates with senior level management, including leading efforts to discuss the business/risk environment and issues/risks raised during the review, along with providing periodic updates, to the status of the project;
- Lead walkthroughs and planning meetings with key stakeholders at all levels;
- Asking challenging questions to understand;
- Demonstrate professional scepticism and comfort with questioning how certain processes are being performed in order to facilitate making improvements;
- Lead other audit team members in their responsibilities to ensure quality of work and compliance with internal audit standards;
- Draft issues clearly and concisely and communicate potential issues to the business;
- Assist in preparing the Draft Audit Report;
- Lead status meetings and discussions of initial audit findings with stakeholders;
- Monitor audit team members’ time, and escalates significant budget variances/delays
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is required
- CA, CPA or CIA certification is preferred
- 8+ years of experience auditing and/or regulatory experience in a financial institution or similar public accounting experience in the financial services industry would be an advantage but not required.
- Knowledge of the operations, functions, and objectives of interfacing areas is required to effectively audit operations, services, systems, workflow, and operational impact on other areas. Risk management experience gained working in Audit, Risk or a Compliance function.
- Strong leadership skills, self-starter, ability to independently work on deliverables, and keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve
- Ability to react and respond on a timely manner
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel
- Proficiency in Word and Excel a plus
- Must be a team player and able to work under pressure during peak periods
- A ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a Global Audit team across multiple time zones and jurisdictions.
- Willing to work from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm (PH Time)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.