Financial Accountant - Property & Capital
Financial Accountant: Property & Capital
Reports to: Finance Manager: Property & Capital
Location: Dublin Head Office
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Financial Accounting in 13 countries and growing
- Involvement in the preparation and analysis of periodic financial and management accounts.
- Accounting for and analysis of Primark capital expenditure. Liaising with key stakeholders in this regard.
- Accounting for and analysis of Primark technology expenditure. Liaising with key stakeholders in this regard.
- Supporting fixed asset specific projects - fixed assets is a key area within the financial reporting and wider finance teams given the size of Primark’s leasehold and freehold estate as well as significant intangible assets. The role will involve making key decisions and, high opportunities for development and meeting with key stakeholders.
- Assist in the submission of periodic reporting packs to ABF (Associated British Foods).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Business Partners (Financial Planning & Analysis / Primark and ABF Property Depts) in order to understand the broader business objectives, develop processes jointly and provide accounting guidance and best practice recommendations to enable process changes.
- Key contact for external and internal audit teams on Fixed Assets.
- Assist in the development of trainee accountants.
- Supporting International Projects in any market as required, e.g. new market entry, specific new market fixed asset requirements.
- Any other tasks and ad hoc projects as required by management.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent) with minimum 4 years PQE.
- Big 4 background or a number of years industry experience preferred.
- CAPEX experience or experience working in Fixed Assets would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) – need to communicate to all levels within the business and integrate with existing Property & Capital team.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong financial and analytical acumen (ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview).
- English is essential and other European languages would be an advantage.
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong Excel skills are required.
- Oracle Financials, Excel4apps and Cognos would be an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.