Business Consulting - Actuarial (General Insurance), Manager
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated consulting, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Join this team and you will provide clients with traditional actuarial services (e.g., reserving, pricing and mergers and acquisition support), as well as leading edge services such as financial reporting and measurement, financial risk management, modelling, hedging, reinsurance, securitization, economic capital and solvency.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As part of our non-life (GI) actuarial team, you’ll focus on high-impact opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience that will shape our services. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues. You will be at the forefront of issues that are shaping the insurance industry in Asia and gain a wide exposure to a diverse range of actuarial projects.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager in the Actuarial Consulting team, you will be assisting and leading the delivery of a wide range of client engagements, leading or working as part of a project team, relating to, Merger & Acquisitions (M&A) and due diligence; valuation, pricing and product development and regulatory changes. You will also be performing evaluation in areas related to financial risk, product distribution and capital issues.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the non-life actuarial team or an actuarial consulting firm. Candidates with more experience will be considered for Senior Manager position
- Good exam progress with either the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK), Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS), the Society of Actuaries (SoA) or the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Depth of experience in at least one of the following areas from a Non-Life perspective:
- financial modeling
- financial and regulatory reporting
- product pricing and distribution strategy
- ERM/solvency framework/ statutory capital
- M&A due diligence
- IFRS 17
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia