Record to Report Process Improvement Manager | Corporate Services | Dubai
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
This is a key new high impact transformation and continuous improvement role within complex R2R operations in FSSC. The role is responsible for leading and driving end-to-end high impact process improvements, driving system implementation with IT partners. The role will also implement KPIs and building stakeholder dashboards of the Record to Report (R2R) operations at FSSC. Role is accountable for delivering standardization, optimization and governance for large Record to Report organization of approximately 60+ employees delivering high quality accounting, financial closing and reporting activities for AF Group catering 200+ entities and across 10 different geographies supporting diversified BUs in Automotive, Retail, Real Estate, Construction, Healthcare, Group Services etc.
About the Responsibilities
- Implement efficient Closing process to closely monitor critical R2R closing activities and process dependencies
- Support group wide review process of Impairment, reconciliations, Expected Credit Losses (ECL) and others which are havingsignificant impact on BS and PL in coordination with FSSC R2R tower head and Finance controllers
- Month end postings – Standardization of Accruals, pre-paid & provisions (across all divisions, implement best practices)
- Effective utilization of Project accounting (PS module) in relevant companies
- Critically evaluate process to control recording of material transactions and put governance framework to regulate those centrally e.g. Need of approval, supporting documents etc.
- Lead the maintenance of an effective internal control structure ensuring compliance with AFG accounting policies and IFRS
- Develop and improve the key performance indicators in R2R operations
Internal / External Governance
- Drive pre-closing meetings with R2R tower heads, cross functional tower heads & FCs and track action items (Action Taken Report-ATR)
- Automation of key B/S Ageing Reports – Debtors, GRIR, ICM, Collection
- Governance around open audit issues and follow up on the resolution
- Review of closing tracker and drive critical discussions with respective stakeholders
- Review and plan action basis Balance Sheet Substantiation
- Exception reporting post GL Scrutiny – across all R2R companies
- Drive audit meetings with R2R tower head, TLs, customers and auditors during external audits
Projects and automation
- Handling group wide R2R projects; to improve the closing and reporting processes e.g.;
- Fintech tool, Alteryx for GL reconciliation
- Charts of accounts Harmonization
- Automation of key GL schedules
- Auto recon. Of ICM balances
- Design process framework and automation of accounting like recurring accrual booking, fixed set of accounting entries etc.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for fixed asset creations, various program executions like CWIP run, Depreciation run, Cyclepostings, IC reconciliation report, Dividend roll ups within Intern company etc.
- Lead and support business partnership projects or Groupwide initiatives
Drive key documentations
- Support in creation and updation of SOPs for all R2R processes and the divisions managed
- Creation and sign-off of SoWs and SLAs with divisions for clear responsibility and accountability
- Implement Transition toolkit (TTK) for any new business integration and Change Requests (CRs)
About the Requirements
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- CA/ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified Accountant or equivalent (8-10 years relevant experience)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Significant experience of process improvement in a large global organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Six Sigma Green Belt desired, Knowledge about the Kaizen and LEAN methodologies
Minimum Experience: 8-10 years of relevant experience, with a strong knowledge of SAP modules (FICO, MM, SD, TRM, BPC)
Job-Specific Skills: Good accounting (IFRS) knowledge, preferably worked with Big4 audit firms or MNCs, analytical mindset, process oriented, well organised, with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, ability to work to tight deadlines
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.