Derivative Operations, Officer
Who we are looking for
OTC Derivatives team is responsible for providing operations support to various investment management clients. It includes processing of Derivatives transactions in various systems, asset set-up, income calculations, payment confirmations, instructions and settlements.
Why this role is important to us
Candidate will be responsible for accurately administering domestic and foreign derivatives, including but not limited to swaps and options. This individual resolves data quality issues through interaction with other internal and external parties. The individual acts as a second level resource within assigned business unit to support transactions in accordance to established procedures.
What you will be responsible for
- Typically manages a small team of 3 to 5 associates, monitoring the workflow to ensure the department is operating efficiently and ensuring adequate backup coverage through cross training.
- Ensures that processing exceptions are resolved on a timely basis, are well documented and are communicated to appropriate parties.
- Monitors compliance with established controls and procedures and implements controls to eliminate losses.
- Validates service expectations, communicates status and establishes areas for improvement.
- Maintains effective working relationships with clients, other departments, trading areas, brokers and service providers.
- Works with various internal business groups to develop system enhancements into daily operations.
- Interviews, evaluates, hires, and manages performance with responsibility for training, along with recommendations for performance planning, promotions and terminations.
- Communicates and manages department goals and performance targets, and makes suggestions for enhancements to operational processes to more effectively meet client needs.
- Assists with client presentations on derivatives operations.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to provide technical expertise to revolve daily problems.
- Ability to develop business relationships within and outside of organization.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with business related coursework.
- At least 5 years’ related financial industry experience, part of which must be in management or supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products as well as legal and regulatory requirements. Hands-on experience within OTC derivatives is preferred.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within custody and/or fund accounting and the depository platforms.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent client communication and presentation skills in both verbal and written forms.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and resolving client service issues.
- Computer proficient including working knowledge of desktop software applications including MS Office applications.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.