Business / Operational Audit, AVP
We are looking for a versatile and talented business professional interested in progressing their knowledge, skillset, and career through challenging stretch assignments in Corporate Audit. At State Street, our people are our most valuable — and valued — resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 29 countries and more than 30,000 employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee feels engaged, valued, and well equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street’s Corporate Audit Department carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology and/ or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Why this role is important to us
We are responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. Our audit team acts as:
- Independent advisors—advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives, organization, process and systemic changes
- Subject matter specialists and controls experts—providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas
- Efficiency specialists—identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design
- Problem-solving partners—looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities.
This role is responsible for leading internal audit engagements that assess business risk and related application technology on the Financial Risk Audit team. A key focus is engagement with business and aligned IT management on strategic implementations and change initiatives. An ideal candidate will have a proven record of audit execution in accordance with IIA standards and industry best practices and hands on experience with application and technology audits. Knowledge of financial industry and related global regulatory expectations is a plus. Working as part of a collaborative global team, the candidate will influence and contribute to Corporate Audit’s dynamic plan development process, lead and support execution of strategic audit projects and support staff development.
What you will be responsible for
- Plan and/ or execute audits according to a risk based methodology in line with Division and Industry Standards.
- Supervise and direct the execution of risk and control assessments, along with effective and efficient testing of key controls
- Review documentation of audit work and conclusion of audit tests results and overall effectiveness of controls
- Draft audit reports in accordance with Division standards to clearly communicate key risks and core audit issues
- Work in partnership with business area management to communicate expectations and manage any project issues that may arise throughout the audit
- Escalate audit issues to senior management and interact with business line and senior managers to develop and negotiate solutions
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of audits and assigned functions, including utilization of technology, products, organizational activities, and systems
- Establish and maintain strong and effective client relationships within the business and supporting IT organizations and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles
- Meaningfully contribute to change initiatives by participation in system and business process change initiatives with strategic corporate significance by providing input on operational and technological risk issues
- Evidence strong team leadership skills which include creating an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members and supervising, coaching and developing staff through timely meaningful feedback and on the job mentoring through the project lifecycle
- Invest in your development by expanding, maintaining and applying current knowledge of audit industry best practices, regulatory expectations, and subject matter
- Display a high degree of professionalism and leadership. Be able to manage complexity, multi-task and work independently in non-routine situations
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- 7+ years of experience with assessment and testing of business and application controls and/ or IT general controls, ideally covering trading platforms or algorithmic trading systems. Including 2+ years leading and supervising audit engagements. Experience in either public accounting or financial services internal audit preferred
- Strong analytical and project management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills as well as interest in developing as a leader within Corporate Audit
- A working knowledge of Global Treasury, Finance and Enterprise Risk Management processes
- Proven ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements
- While majority of the time you will work from your primary locations, some domestic and international travel may be required to a variety of locations where State Street operates
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Business Administration
- CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.