Anti-Money Laundering Senior Investigator, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Senior Investigator to join our Functional Compliance’s Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU). We offer flexible, hybrid working model in two possible locations: Massachusetts and Florida.
In this role, the FIU Senior Investigator completes investigations with an understanding of cash movements, bonds, mutual funds, stocks, options, hedge funds, etc. and act as a subject matter expert to provide specialist advice, guidance and direction to team members on Securities, money laundering, market abuse, and other crime related issues in support of achievement of organizational objectives and regulatory requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The FIU team is responsible for centralized monitoring of suspicious transactions and AML investigations where suspicious activity is present. The FIU Senior Investigator works independently on assignments within the scope of established guidelines/practices and consults with senior staff where clarification or exception to policy may be required and may provide functional guidance to less experienced staff. Individuals work independently on complex projects and issues. The FIU provides support and guidance to the foreign-based FIU teams.
What you will be responsible for
As Anti-Money Laundering Senior Investigator you will:
- Investigate with an understanding of cash movements, bonds, mutual funds, stocks, options, hedge funds, and income trusts etc.
- Act as subject matter expert to provide specialist advice, guidance and direction to team members on Securities, Broker Dealer money laundering, market abuse, suspicious cash movements, and other crime related issues
- Develop investigation reports, recommending courses of action
- Investigate breaches of securities laws, governance and compliance matters
- Investigate improper or unauthorized trading and market manipulation
- Manage assigned investigations ensuring timely and prompt recommendations (SAR/No SAR, escalation recommendations such as Account Closure) and reports are made to management.
- Coordinate in-depth research and documentation when unusual activity is detected
- Provide recommendations to senior management on actions/strategies to mitigate money laundering, market abuse, or other crimes identified.
- Assist in providing guidance to staff to ensure the timely resolution and appropriate documentation of routine problems
- Analyze general AML and security based risk and identify potential instances of suspicious activity (financial, reputational, and regulatory)
- Understands AML typologies involving cash, investments and overall risk within the bank
- Foster sound relationships with business units
- Assist in training and developing new staff
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Analytical (problem solving) skills with good objectivity and discretion
- Ability to review the various systems utilizing data analytics techniques
- Demonstrated exceptional level of accuracy and detail for reporting
- Strong communication skills on all levels with team oriented approach
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- About 10 or more years of relevant business experience in AML compliance, cash, and/or securities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with focus in business, accounting, finance, or economics required
- Strong understanding of investment products such as: bonds, mutual funds, stocks, options, hedge funds, and income trusts etc.
- Some knowledge of the securities industry and operations.
- PC literacy, with good working knowledge of the Microsoft office applications (Access, Word, Excel)
- ACAMS Certification - preferred
- Securities Courses - beneficial
What we offer:
- Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee-Paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Employee-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Benefits
- BeWell Programme
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Salary Savings Program (SSP)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.