Fund Accounting & Administration, VP
Reporting to the Managing Director of the hedge department, As a Vice President you will be responsible for running the fund accounting service teams in your span of control, covering multiple clients with various levels of complexity. Working as part of the of the senior management team in the department you will be responsible for ensuring all elements of the NAV cycle are executed in line with internal policies and procedures.
Why this role is important to us:
This is a senior level management role within the Hedge Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group.
The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally and with senior level executives of State Street. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and be capable of managing multiple and diverse assignments.
What you will be responsible for:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage relationships with key client contacts to ensure continued confidence in State Street and ensure client satisfaction expectations are met relative to the level of service delivered.
- Responsible for all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables for assigned client base.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly production calendars with clients and internal support areas including but not limited to Financial Reporting, regulatory reporting and risk.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed.
- Ability to identify and act on high-risk processes; must be active and current on all procedures, controls and high-risk areas to prevent financial loss.
- Responsible for the direction and training of the team.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to transform how we operate and deliver services to clients.
- Participate in new business generation process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations.
- Represent the organization internally and externally as a senior level manager of State Street.
- Actively participate in working groups and the roll out of all technology initiates such as the migration of the hedge general ledge to Geneva.
What we value:
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Candidates must have a college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required)
- Previous accounting and/or financial service operations experience, preferably with Alternatives or Private Markets, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience.
- Solid business unit management specifically in the private equity industry is required.
- Professional accounting qualification is a plus.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.