General Ledger Project Manager Vice President
The Firmwide Finance Business Architecture (FFBA) team within the FAIR organization is responsible for the Global Finance organization Data Acquisition & Consumption (including Credit Risk & Treasury), Financial & Management Reporting, and General Ledger Target Platform Strategies. The team has established a consolidated framework that creates opportunities for broad-scale communication, streamlined governance, and increased oversight.
A key objective of the Business Architect Team is to manage the delivery of large scale infrastructure programs and business process change management events to ensure accurate, complete and consistent data is readily available for both internal financial reporting and external regulatory reporting purposes, consumed by both line of business stakeholders and corporate groups.
As a member of the Business Architecture Project Implementation team, you will work closely with Line of Business stakeholders, data Subject Matter Experts, consumers and technology teams across Finance, Credit Risk & Treasury and the various Program Management teams.
The General Ledger Platform team is responsible for the firmwide sourcing, processing, reporting, and controls across the General Ledger based applications (SAP, Cost Allocations, Consolidations, Reporting, Cost of Funding (GFTP), and Reconciliation Tools).
The General Ledger Platform Project Manager will lead multiple workstreams in leading and driving various business driven initiatives impacting the ledger platform. The Project Manager requires a good understanding of the finance platform and its associated technology, with the ability to influence and negotiate a diverse stakeholder audience, bringing business and technology together.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead and drive the General Ledger Platform based initiatives, coordinating across technology and the businesses
- Provide leadership in defining and executing project deliverables, including business requirements
- Lead operating model impact assessments and documentation of changes, and drive the implementation communication
- Identify project risks and issues, escalating issues and roadblocks to managers and stakeholders as needed
- Create project scorecards, providing senior management updates
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of project management and business analysis experience and process re-engineering, including experience with Agile delivery
- Proven experience in delivering large complex programs and managing senior stakeholder relationships
- Solid understanding of Financial and/or Regulatory reporting processes; understanding of Liquidity, Credit Reporting related data is a plus
- Previous experience in Financial Services a plus
- Knowledge and experience of traditional credit (Loans, Deposits, Cash) and trading products (Derivatives and Securities) a plus
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to tailor messaging to various audiences
- Ability to lead and influence and build strong relationships with partner teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Must be detail oriented, highly responsible, and able to work with tight deadlines
- Strong team-orientation and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; sound judgment with a risk mindset
- Overall strong desktop skills including Excel and PowerPoint
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.