SAT Corporate Finance Manager - Multiple Cities
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
NYC, Charlotte, Atlanta, San Francisco
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Corporate Finance Manager you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global network of specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process. You will have the opportunity to be part of a larger Strategy and Transactions team that creates and delivers broad, analytics-enabled solutions that align to our client’s focus on corporate finance, strategy, buy and integrate or sell and separate decisions, and reshaping of results.
EY has an established industry leading Corporate Finance Practice. We address our clients’ needs in strategic planning, regulatory compliance, financial reporting, tax, and fair market value documentation. You can develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities
Your key responsibilities
Managers within Corporate Finance are responsible for day-to-day operations and management of engagements. Specifically, the Manager is responsible for supporting the Partners’ scoping of Corporate Finance engagements, preparing and updating the engagement workplan, leading information gathering with the client, overseeing and contributing to the execution of quantitative analysis, preparation of deliverables, monitoring the operational performance of the engagement team and will participate in and at times lead presentation of findings to the client (e.g., the CFO, or other senior finance executive sponsor).
Skills and attributes for success
- Corporate Finance – practical and professional experience building, updating, and leveraging quantitative/financial analysis of strategic alternatives including M&A modeling, business exit modeling, joint venture and other partnership models, build vs. buy analysis, capital allocation decisioning (e.g., share repurchase, dividends, redeployment of financial resources), sum of the parts valuation analysis, benchmarking and working knowledge of key tax considerations associated with various strategic alternatives;
- Business Valuation – practical and professional experience with business valuation, including extensive experience with discounted cash flow, market approach and precedent transaction valuation techniques and mastery of cost of capital and return on capital concepts
- Commercial acumen– at ease when discussing complex financial analysis and strategic alternatives with senior executives of Corporate Finance clients;
- Regulatory and Accounting –working knowledge at an intermediate level of critical financial accounting topics/concepts, including three-statement financial modeling, cash versus accrual accounting, modeling capital expenditures, depreciation, debt, working capital, income taxes and net operating losses; and
- Business Writing – extensive experience with technical business writing that is informative, clear, and concise. Whether PowerPoint presentations or full narrative reports, Corporate Finance written deliverables must have executive level polish. Demonstrated experience preparing executive quality deliverables is a critical skillset for Corporate Finance professionals
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business and at least 10 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and at least 4 years of related work experience.
- Previous Corporate Finance and Business Valuation experience
- Financial modelling skills including experience building models from scratch
- Demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
Ideally, you’ll also have
- At least three years of experience at the Vice President level of a regional/boutique investment bank (with M&A advisory and transaction experience at the Vice President level)
- Three to five years of experience in FP&A, forecasting, corporate development with a company that has been active buying and/or selling businesses
- Financial modelling expertise
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA
- ASA/AM designations are a plus with the expectation of one completed designation within a given timeframe
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for corporate finance and valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. A strong team player pin Corporate Finance is able to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals. Ideal candidates for the Corporate Finance practice will have three to five years of experience working directly for the CFO, head of corporate finance or head of corporate strategy, or at least three years of experience at the Vice President level of a regional/boutique M&A advisory firm/investment bank.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.