Accountant – Trading Settlements
The purpose of this position is to be a key team player in supporting the process-related activities and acting as the first point of contact for the Trading Settlements team members and external Stakeholders for any operational (process) matters. A Specialist acts as a role model presenting One Finance behaviors.
A Specialist is responsible for ensuring operational excellence and process compliance as well as maintaining a high-quality control framework, identifying the areas for improvement and automation, but also presenting the ideas to solve a problem and document it as per internal requirements.
Shell Trading provides a comprehensive portfolio of products and services associated with crude oil and refined products, natural gas, electrical power, emissions, chemicals trading including shipping services. Currently, the Trading Settlements activities are broadly divided into two areas, North America (NA) and WONA (World outside NA).
- To ensure activities are made on time in line with the agreed metrics, KPIs, and service standards.
- To be responsible for period-end close (on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis) activities were required.
- To handle the account reconciliation process (both analyze & review/approve) according to BlackLine guidance
- To contribute to debt chasing process.
- To maintain systems and procedures effectively and properly, in line with Control Framework to operate, review, and sign off controls within the team's scope.
- To be responsible for completion of Audit requirements
- To ensure all Trackers / Reports are maintained properly as per requirements (Timeliness & Accuracy).
- To follow the escalation matrix defined for the process. To resolve process/IT issues both within and outside Finance as well as with support from Process Owner Organisation / CI Organisation.
- To support stakeholders in understanding analysis conducted, to use the topic of the outcome related to own areas of expertise.
- To cooperate and interact with others by using influencing and persuasion skills but in a tactful and respectful manner.
- To demonstrate Collaboration and Trust values when explaining and giving advice on an analysis performed.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- To demonstrate highly developed stakeholder management skills.
- To have excellent accounting knowledge to understand the flow of entries in the e2e Account Payables & Receivables processes.
- To have a Professional or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or other equivalent related business degrees.
- To demonstrate a Continuous Improvement mindset and to have proven experience in that area.
- To demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of MS Office.