Government & Public Sector, Audit Senior - PHOENIX
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Our Government & Public Sector Assurance practice is growing exponentially, and as a senior, you’ll play a key role in that growth. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources on behalf of our audit professionals, this commitment will enable us to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders. While interacting with our clients, you’ll develop your career by communicating and providing expertise around data integrity that can provide improved insight within the accounting, finance, governance, and regulatory space. It’s all about understanding the business processes and data flow to provide a truly exceptional experience for our clients.
Your key responsibilities
The nature of this role means that you will be recognized as a primary day-to-day contact for our clients. That means you’ll develop your knowledge by learning about current issues, profession, and business developments relevant to the client’s industry, so we’ll look to you to build relationships and expertise with team members.
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with audit client personnel, assess audit clients' satisfaction and proactively maintain contact with the audit client throughout the year
- Direct field work, inform supervisors of the audit engagement status and manage assurance staff performance
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations
- Develop people through effectively delegating audit tasks and providing guidance to assurance staff
- Provide performance feedback, training and performance reviews for assurance staff
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other assurance team members' views
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with assurance team members and enhance service delivery
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree an approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification upon passing the examination
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Integrity within a processional environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher
- The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
Ideally you’ll also have
- CPA licensure in your work state
- CGFM and/or CDFM
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for accounting and audit experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.