Retail Head, Procurement
The Retail Head, Procurement will be focus on developing key business partnership across Grab to collaborate, develop and driving procurement excellence as we scale our businesses across the region. Reporting to Grab Head of Procurement.
The role will have a broad mandate to focus on the Total Cost of Ownership across the firm, and drive for bottom line productivity thru Best In Class Sourcing strategies - and also on the top line growth by partnering more effectively with our partners. The role will take on a broad spectrum of Retail categories across, mainly on Consumer Goods but also on Systems enabling retail procurement.
This role will also cover the process governance specific to GrabMart and other Retails verticals. Grab platform is a key enabler for our growth and entry into new business vertical, and we are looking to disrupt the industry. The Retail Head, Procu should hence have a strong background in Supply Chain within the Retail Environment, but also good understanding of Procurement processes and Internal Controls.
The day-to-day activities:
- Being the Procurement Business sponsor across the retail verticals, driving for deep integration with diverse functions and key leaders across region
- Drive Category Strategies across South East Asia with the support of Local Buyers
- Monitors market dynamics and communicates changes that affect internal client needs.
- Develops sourcing strategies; solicits/analyzes request for proposals; negotiates contracts and coordinates supplier integration plan with internal client.
- Partner with GrabMart teams to develop and mature organizational capabilities across the Region
- Lead supplier relationship management (SRM) and supplier development activities to ensure reliable supply and maximize the full value of supplier relationships for GrabMart. Drive supplier performance, compliance and accountability through supplier scorecards and performance metrics.
- Leverage multi-market buy to identify potential volumes leverage. For those central buys, reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. May prepare bid packages.
- Leadership of the Source to Contract (S2C), Procure to Pay (P2P) and Process Optimization function within Grab's Procurement function
- Develop, measure and monitor the key performance indicator of the Procurement organization, and work across the group as a enabler to drive for successful business strategies/ outcome
- Understand Supply Chain ecosystems to be able to establish agile and robust processes
- Scope primarily focused on GrabMart, it may also extend to other business lines to support at some point the strategy around vouchers and rewards.
- Architect complex sourcing strategies across categories, and influencing stakeholders to evaluate and transform existing modus operandi into Best-In-Class practices
- Past experiences in challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, voice of customers & gap analysis, market intelligence, and insights to drive a tailored strategic impact across Grab
The must haves:
- Degree in any Technology, Business Management discipline or any relevant study.
- Strong relationship-management skills and collaborate with functional leads, senior-to-exec management, and grow relationships with key executives by building credibility and trust
- Excellent communication skills; written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make concise recommendations through insights and data
- Specific experience (+7 years) with Category management in Food Retail, plus mastery in Supply Chain and specific understanding of ERP (ideally Oracle) and the interfacing with Warehouse Management Systems, and experiences in managing an operational Procure-to-Pay department
- Significant experience working across multiple AP geographies, and in a dynamic technology driven industry
- Highly motivated, and able to deal with immense pressure on adherence to Budget/ Timeline/ Exec Stakeholders
The nice to have
- Experience under Oracle
- Experience in Groceries / Perishables sourcing
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.