Financial Reporting Team Leader - Corporate Sundry
The Corporate sundry area includes costs which by their nature may be difficult to allocate to a specific business unit, or costs that have been incurred centrally and require recharging to the business. Corporate Sundry costs include UK/US Pensions, UK/US Long-term Incentives, UK/US Insurance and Global Health Programmes. This is a high-profile role with regular interaction with senior stakeholders including the Group Financial Controller.
This role offers the opportunity to interact with a wider group of stakeholders, building strong relationships with External Reporting and different teams within the Group (i.e HR, Corp Sec). The candidate should be able to understand the impact of different decisions and choices in financial results and should be able to foresee issues in the process. The candidate is expected to interpret financial data, support non finance senior stakeholders understand their financial results and perform financial analysis.
Finance Reporting Team Leader
In this role you will:
- Internal/External Reporting of Actuals - Manage the coordination and consolidation of month end and quarter end finance activities (accruals, review and approval of balance sheet reconciliations for Corporate Sundry related cost account) Maintain effective communication with the Business, Markets, Regions and Corporate finance teams regarding all aspects of reporting.
- Insurance - Finance Business Partner for the Corporate Insurance team
- Forecasting and Budgeting - Prepare and manage Corporate Sundry monthly forecasts,
- Compliance and Control - Manage internal SOX compliance, including managing external audits and review and sign off balance sheet reconciliations
- Process Improvements – Improve current and proposed ways of working along with any ad hoc project activities
- Team management – Lead, coach and develop one direct report.
- Accounting for Long Term Incentives – Manage the accounting for Long Term Incentives of shares rewards and options. Knowledge of IFRS2 would be preferred.
- Accounting degree or qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience in financial controlling / reporting / audit or financial planning / budgeting (at least 5 years)
- Experience of working in multinational companies
- Experience of working with ERP
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Good and engaging team leader (team management experience is mandatory)
What we offer:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Contributing to creation of development strategy for the set financial department
- Leading key projects regarding to set financial area
- Competitive salary, annual bonus plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.