Corporate Finance Senior Manager
Corporate Finance Senior Manager
It's not all about the numbers!
Traditionally accountancy has been all about numbers and commercial considerations; but not here at Haines Watts. We really strive to build lasting, valued relationships and to make a tangible and meaningful impact. It is our clients' success that drives us and we are proactively committed to helping our clients and colleagues achieve their business and life goals in a passionate and authentic way, as these are the key traits that underpin everything we do.
At the heart of our firm is our colleagues, which is why team engagement has become more important than ever before. We have achieved 1-Star recognition from Best Companies for this and we are also one of the Top 10 best accountancy firms to work for in the UK, investing heavily in colleague wellbeing and mindfulness. As the face of the workplace has shifted since the pandemic, we have adapted and challenged what the working environment looks like for our teams, creating an environment fit for the future.
We're committed to improving diversity and inclusion, not just in terms of background but also in terms of diversity of thought and skills. We are curious about how we can help shape the future of accountancy and advisory for the next generation which is why we decided to become a National Sponsor of the Reach Next Generation Summit, aligning our values with action.
What is the role?
As a Senior Manager working within our young and ambitious Corporate Finance Business, you will report directly to the Partner and assist with building a solid market presence of HW Corporate Finance by leading and owning transactions and developing deal initiation networks.
This role will be focusing on lower-mid market M&A transactions and MBO's with enterprise values of up to £50million for primarily owner managed businesses and entrepreneurs. The successful candidate will offer a highly professional and empathetic approach whilst delivering transactions across their businesses, with the below key tasks being carried out.
- Advise shareholders or management teams on MBO's/MBI's and fundraising
- Advise business owners on exit strategies and execute sale mandates;
- Advise businesses on acquisitions, identify and validate targets
- Prepare valuations of businesses, pitches and proposals
- Cross sell Corporate Finance Services to other Managers/Partners in the firm
- Develop new client relationships from contacts with existing clients, from business contacts and other appropriate sources
- Participate in presentations to potential new clients
- Consider appropriate cross selling opportunities of the other services of the firm to clients and their associated interests
What you will need to be;
- Be authentic in every situation and like to be connected to your team, clients and local communities
- Like to listen and understand, to show up every day with passion and to stand up for things that matter to you
- Be driven to succeed, take initiative and want results
As well as the above you will ideally be Corporate Finance qualified, have thorough working knowledge of lead advisory services, sales mandates and private equity dealings (including debt raising). You will also be able to, prepare excel models for multiple purposes for financial modelling, look at a set of accounts, value a business and be able to prepare documents to sell the business
The Haines Watts Way:
Our collective aspirations are simple:
- We strive to build and develop valued relationships as a trusted business advisor to our clients and connections.
- We strive to show passion for our work in helping clients achieve their goals and using our initiative to help solve problems.
- But above all, we strive to be authentic and inclusive as part of our DNA.
What you get back from us;
- Competitive salary
- Study support package if applicable
- Internal mentor and buddy system to support your career journey
- Excellent personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- Structured development as well as on the job practical training
- Flexible benefits reward package
- Access to our agile working policy
- Working and learning directly from our Associate Partners and Partners
- Ability to progress all the way to the top!
If you are an authentic, passionate Corporate Finance Senior Manager who values relationships and wants to secure a role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm who offer great career prospects; we want to hear from you - find out more about Haines Watts at https://www.hwca.com/
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV's are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CV's that are submitted without instruction from Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of agency fees.