Investor Relations Associate
EQUIP: Your Fast Track to a Career in Investor Relations
Equitory, the UK’s largest dedicated investor communication consultancy, is launching EQUIP, a comprehensive 12-month training/development programme in Investor Relations (IR) as part of its expansion plans and recruitment drive.
EQUIP is aimed at IR Associates, part/newly qualified accountants at those who are financially literate and wish to embark upon, and fast track, a career in IR. This programme will run in tandem with and complement The Certificate in IR (CIR®) offered by the Investor Relations Society.
As an IR Associate, you will assist Equitory IR Directors and Managers in supporting the consultancy’s rapidly expanding client base, which includes well-known and highly regarded brands. The role is varied and challenging and will suit an individual who likes a fast-paced working environment.
EQUIP is designed to expand your knowledge of IR, build upon your understanding of the capital markets and provide practical skills to enable you to be a successful IR practitioner. By combining the materials from your self-study CIR® with seminars hosted by the Equitory team and guest speakers, this comprehensive programme will give you knowledge and expertise you can immediately apply when dealing with clients.
As an IR Associate, you will be:
- working on multiple client teams helping prepare and deliver IR strategies and Board papers
- maintaining the CRM database for clients, monitoring investor communication, supporting investor outreach programmes
- supporting with results and Annual Report processes, investor relations website updates, drafting and reviewing RNS announcements, presentations, scripts and Q&A documents
- maintaining sell-side distribution lists, updating consensus models, responding to sell-side analyst questions, and managing salesforce briefings
- developing your IR skill set by completing the EQUIP programme, attending IR events and webinars, sharing knowledge and learnings of IR best practice with the Equitory team
Successful candidates will be employed full-time by Equitory and, in addition to your course and practical learning, you will help shape the IR programmes of leading brands, deal with senior City figures, and work in a dynamic and collegial environment.
Outline of the course:
Financial markets, Regulation and corporate governance, Financial reporting, Accounting, valuation and investment principles, Effective IR in practise etc.
At the end of the programme, candidates will sit the CIR® examination, comprising 60 multiple-choice questions based on the topics set out in the syllabus, and would have gained hands on IR experience.
Applicants must be financially literate, having completed or partially completed accounting training and demonstrate a real interest in the capital markets. Previous work experience is essential.
- Build relationships with clients and advisers
- Format Equitory presentations in line with Equitory branding
- Excellent organisational and project management capability
- Thrive in a fast paced and evolving working environment
- Work autonomously and in a virtual team environment
- Desire to achieve a professional qualification
- IR as a profession
- Equity and debt markets
- Financial and accounting
- Excel including shortcuts and pivot tables
- PowerPoint including formatting
- Communication within Equitory and with clients
How to apply:
Please send your reasons for applying, together with a short CV, via the form below.
2022 applications close on Monday 20 December 2021 and candidates will be informed by Monday 10 January 2022 whether they have been accepted.
What we offer
If being part of a hugely influential team was not enough, you will also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and a range of learning and development opportunities, you will also enjoy a 30 days holidays on an annual basis, pension, allowance on phone bills and staff discounts.
As a fast-growing Investor Relations consultancy, Equitory has big ambitions to change the way the City approaches IR. By putting our clients first and leading with best practice, we make decisions based on what will benefit our clients and their stakeholders. Collaboration is central to how we operate, and our clients benefit from our collective insight and experience. As a member of this growing team, you will contribute to building our brand in the market and bring new ideas to the team and our clients.
Apply for Investor Relations Associate
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly