SSC Glasgow - Senior Team Leader / Senior Associate - Audit Support Hub Scotland
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Shared Service Centre team (SSC) provides essential support to a number of teams across our firm. As well as assisting on large-scale operations, beyond the capacity of a core specialist team, they provide the unparalleled expertise we need to keep moving forward. As part of this friendly department, you’ll have the chance to work on exciting projects and develop your skillset. There’s real opportunity, making it a great chance to use industry knowledge and experience to solve problems in your next career step, or it can be a place to learn if you’re just starting out. If you want to work on important projects and explore your potential, we’ll give you the friendly, supportive working environment to go far.
We’ll help you succeed
We are looking to recruit an additional Senior Team Leader (Senior Associate) to join the Audit Support Hub in it new satellite location in Glasgow, Scotland. This team is one of several Hubs within BDO’s Shared Service Centre (SSC), where team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm.
The Audit Support Hub provides a portfolio of audit support processes and services to Audit stream colleagues across the UK.
As one of several Senior Associates, the successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to the next phase of BDO’s Shared Service strategy, supporting the Assistant Manager as the Hub embarks on a journey of significant growth over the next couple of years. Specifically, as the most senior grade within the Glasgow office for the Audit Support Hub, this role will act as the ‘site lead’, being responsible for several operational teams, reporting into the Assistant Manager / Hub Lead, and working closely with colleagues in Liverpool too. You’ll also:
- Manage and take ownership for the ASH’s Quality Assurance Framework, acting as a point of assurance for quality output, consistency of reviews, identifying learning & development needs and continuously improving the framework
- Be the technical lead for the Audit Support Hub across its main technical service lines
- Working closely with the Assistant Manager and Senior Associate Workflow Lead and other colleagues in delivering effective and efficient processes for the Audit Support Hub overall, with a particular focus on quality and productivity, arranging and conducting training where appropriate
- Manage and supervise a team of Team Leaders ensuring effective and efficient performance standards are adhered to and improved upon through a coaching mentality, being responsible for overseeing and reporting on their performance
- Support regional client facing audit teams with multiple aspects of the annual audit process
- Work extensively with BDO’s proprietary audit support systems and processes
- Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across BDO UK
- Provide support to other colleague teams dependent upon seasonality of core work
- Deputise for the Audit Support Hub Assistant Manager as and when necessary
- When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
Additional Job Description
- 2-3 years of relevant audit or accounts work experience
- Previous line management experience managing people and performance, mentoring/supervising and coaching through 1-2-1s etc
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude towards change and pro-actively imparting knowledge onto others
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel, and similar desktop applications. Willingness to learn new systems is essential
- Well presented with a professional level of communication – both verbal and written
- Good time management, organisation skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach
- ACCA/ACA Qualified or QBE
- Over 3 years of relevant audit or accounts work experience
- Over 3 years previous line management experience, preferably within an office operations environment
- Previous experience of managing workflow
- Previous experience of leading and/or delivering projects
- Previous experience of managing Quality Frameworks, or experience within Compliance and/or Quality Assurance
- Previous experience of training others
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.