Market Controller for Private Banking North Asia #183298
The role forms an integral part of the Markets Controlling team of APAC PB Finance. The role has an overall responsibility for the finance topics relating to Credit Suisse’s Private Banking businesses in China. The role is key in working with senior management and key partners of the business on topics ranging from setup of PB Finance function in China Onshore, performance management, planning and budgets, reporting/analysis and controls, key business initiatives and MIS requirements. Required to work with other members of the APAC PB Finance team on all finance topics.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Role is based in China, first 6-8 months would be in Hong Kong to get proper training and will report to the Head of PB Finance North Asia. Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the primary contact to the business on all finance matters relating to PB China Onshore business, representing finance in new business project working group, other management meetings and committees.
- Partner with business development team to build financial modelling and business case to support build out of PB China Onshore business which is a multi-year strategic project.
- Participate in various China Onshore set up committees, working group (within PB Finance, CFO wide and overall APAC Group level) to facilitate successful accounting set up of China Onshore business which is a multi-year strategic project.
- Work with the business to define important metric framework and drive the definition, communication and implementation of the same
- Participate in key business initiatives in an advisory or leadership capacity. Undertake dedicated analysis to understand business drivers, key trends and develop strategies and impactful recommendations to address business requirements
- Seek to provide front to back controls and accounting setup coordinating with COO and Finance peers/ colleagues in China and the other location within Asia
- Provide inputs on strategies in driving revenue including pricing and margin analysis
- Improve sales steering and strategy tracking
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Relevant prior experience (15 years plus) in Finance/Accounting functions or similar capacity in a global banking environment.
- Prior project experience especially in business modelling and financial analysis for PB business with knowledge and experience in new setup in China will be an advantage.
- Excellent finance business partner/controlling, provides financial and planning analysis, budgeting, forecast, strategic analysis for front office business
- Outstanding accounting proficiency to provide financial related support to standalone location as well as other key business partners in the location and region
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to partner with the business.
- Strong communication skills, able to operate with senior executives.
- Outstanding analytical and strategic problem solving skills.
- Academic Degree and professional qualifications in a relevant area e.g. Finance, Accountancy, Business Administration.
Your new employerFind a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.