Bristol or Bath
We are looking for an ambitious Accounts Associate to join our expanding Corporate and Business Services team. This role can be based from either our Bristol or Bath offices.
You will work with and advise a broad portfolio of owner-managed business clients and will have the opportunity to make a real difference to your client’s businesses.
Working for a firm ranked as one of the Top 5 Best Accounting firms to work for, you will be able to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
This role will give you the opportunity to develop your career within one the UK’s most forward- thinking accountancy practices.
Responsible for the delivery of a range of compliance related services, you will build long standing relationships with your clients ensuring that you become a trusted advisor and actively contribute towards the success of their businesses.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of management and financial accounts
- Production of VAT and Corporate Tax returns
- Identifying and delivering advisory services that may benefit your clients. This may include areas such as cloud accounting and systems support, Making Tax Digital as well as corporate and personal tax planning
There is scope to mould this role to the experience and motivations of the appointed candidate.
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- AAT Qualified or ACA/ACCA Part Qualified (or equivalent) – study support can be offered if required
- Accounts preparation experience gained from within a fast-paced accountancy practice environment
- A commercial mindset with the ability to spot opportunities where additional advisory services may benefit clients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
Please contact Angela Appiah Shippey; Director or Ben Carter; Resourcing Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.