Finance Business Partner
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Description of business unit
The Financial Planning & Analysis Department is a key management reporting function within Wealth and Insurance, (W&I) New Ireland Assurance, supporting management decision making and enablement of the company strategy. The team are responsible for monthly performance reporting to the Group and to Management within W&I, monthly cost management reporting, forecasting and budget planning. This involves understanding and analysing cost & benefits drivers of the business units within W&I, supporting the development of customer propositions and enabling management to take a strategic view on commercial aspects of the business units.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner, this is a key role within the W&I Finance function. The role holder will have specific accountability for the effective provision of financial management information to the Wealth & Insurance management team for all change activity within the business unit including budgeting, forecasting, benefit tracking to enable the achievement of our business and strategic objectives.
- Management & tracking of all costs within New Ireland including project financials across W&I, accruals, and reporting.
- Financial control activities including month end, SAP postings and reconciliations
- Provide robust review and challenge of work stream Forecasts v Actuals.
- Key SME in constructing project estimates Wealth & Insurance change program.
- Support of Change process and Funding Approval process
- Contributor to commercial negotiations with vendors
- Definition of Capex/ Opex treatment for the programme
- Preparing and tracking annual cost budget including oversight of the indirect charges from BOI Group
- Review of project spend and supporting all accounting aspects of the technology spend e.g setting up all Capex IO's, reconciling all postings to those IO's, capitalising IO's, leasing with the external auditor in relation to all IO's capitalised and in relation to all assets under construction
- Managing the finance process to ensure all approved suppliers are paid in a timely fashion
What is the opportunity
This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong accounting skills to work with within the Wealth and Insurance Finance department. The role has responsibilities with regards to cst managment, project reporting, project business case planning, and supporting senior management in achievement of the Company Strategy and Business Plan.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving and modelling skills
- Proven track record in delivery with a demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks
- Experience in and knowledge of accounting processes and accounting systems.
- Ability to execute tactical project-level activities.
- Ability to learn new systems to support business needs.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, multitasking, and managing time independently in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience in stakeholder management.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A Qualified Accountant with strong post qualified experience. Experience working within a cost management role is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- A proven ability to work effectively with, and constructively challenge and influence the actions of stakeholders.
- Experience completing projects.
- Experience working within cost management function.
- Experience within a transformation change program.
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.