Tax Services Senior - Financial Services Organization - Banking & Capital Markets
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
TAX SENIOR, FINANCIAL SERVICES ORGANIZATION – BANKING & CAPITAL MARKETS - NEW YORK, NY; HOBOKEN, NJ; CHARLOTTE, NC; CHICAGO, IL
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
As a senior in the FSO Tax Banking and Capital Markets ("BCM") practice you will be a part of engagements with multinational financial institutions. You will be entrusted for teaming with those running the operations of engagements that have significant importance to the firm, ensuring the quality and timeliness of deliverables to clients. You will continue developing tax technical positions relating to ever evolving tax technical regulations.
Your key responsibilities
You will team with Managers, Senior Managers and Partners who develop work plans, formulate tax technical points of view, and ultimately create deliverables for the client. You will learn to anticipate client inquires, questions, needs, and issues. Engagements may involve tax accounting, tax compliance, federal/state/international tax planning, process improvements, information reporting and withholding.
You will support a diverse array of clients, from organizations focused on a single strategy (e.g., retail banking) to multinational financial conglomerates who are actively involved in all financial businesses. You will be exposed to and relied on to understand these client business activities and advise on the tax regulations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Mastering a working knowledge of tax compliance forms including state, and local jurisdictions and how they interact with one another
- Understanding of key elements of client care and service
- Finding ways to simplify and improve work processes
- Recognizing business issues and using alternative solutions to resolve them.
- Looking for ways to increase efficiency on engagements
- Seeking to enhance knowledge through technical reading, continuing education, and other means
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of Tax experience
- CPA or licensed Attorney, or the ability to achieve either certification
- Tax experience in the banking industry or with banking clients is highly desired
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent organizational skills
- SEC experience
- Proven experience in working with teams
What we look for
- Leadership – conducts him or herself in manner that inspires, educates, commands respect.
- Patience & Organization – in high performing environment, delays beyond our control occur. It’s important to have the ability to put tasks to the side (to allow for the dust to settle) and move on to other tasks.
- Passion & Drive – Being in management in public accounting is not a spectator sport. It requires constant movement and reinvention.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.