SSC Senior Associate - Accounts
SSC Senior Associate – Accounts
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Shared Service Centre team (SSC) provides essential support to a number of teams across our firm. As well as assisting on large-scale operations, beyond the capacity of a core specialist team, they provide the unparalleled expertise we need to keep moving forward. As part of this friendly department, you’ll have the chance to work on exciting projects and develop your skillset. There’s a real opportunity, making it a great chance to use industry knowledge and experience to solve problems in your next career step, or it can be a place to learn if you’re just starting out. If you want to work on important projects and explore your potential, we’ll give you the friendly, supportive working environment to go far.
We’ll help you succeed
The firm is looking to recruit a dynamic Accounts Hub Senior Associate to join the Accounts Hub based in central Liverpool. This team is one of several Hubs within BDO’s rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC). SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client-facing members of the firm.
SSC Senior Associates work on the timely delivery of services maintaining the highest quality of output at all times. Whilst being supported by senior members of the team they will manage junior members of the team themselves. This is a great opportunity to work in a growing department that is integral to the long term strategy of the firm.
- Support national audit teams with review and quality assurance of statutory accounts prepared under UK reporting standards.
- Provide cover for Accounts Hub Supervisor during holidays and absences.
- Monitor throughput, productivity and accuracy of team members’ output.
- Embed a continuous improvement ethic through effective monitoring and route cause analysis of errors and omissions.
- Work extensively with BDO’s proprietary workflow tools.
- Deliver quality assurance outputs to agreed timescale, quality and volume.
- Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across BDO UK.
- Formally train junior colleagues.
- Act as a people manager for junior team members, setting and reviewing goals.
- Provide support to other colleague teams in the SSC dependent upon the seasonality of core work.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Ideally, ACA or ACCA qualified, but qualified by experience will be considered
- Significant experience in preparing statutory accounts.
- Experience in preparing management accounts is advantageous.
- Experience in training junior members of staff and reviewing their outputs.
- IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Excel, other MS Office products and similar desktop applications.
- Knowledge of using accounts production packages is required. Full training on CaseWare will be provided.
- Well presented with a professional level of communication – both verbal and written.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax-efficient options to design a benefits package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest-free season ticket loan or interest-free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.