Senior Analyst, Regulatory Reporting
Description of Business unit
The Regulatory Reporting team, within Bank of Ireland Group Finance, is responsible for reporting prudential and statistical information to the Group's various Regulators and Supervisors. We are a professional, proactive & dynamic team and we engage with colleagues in all key functions such as business, finance, risk and treasury to ensure the accuracy of our returns.
Purpose of the Role
Our analysts are professionals who ensure that the regulatory returns are prepared in an accurate, timely and efficient manner and are trusted by internal & external stakeholders.
You will work with a dynamic & supportive team, in a professional and friendly environment. Working closely with colleagues in our specialist reporting teams your work will help to ensure that the Group meets its regulatory obligations, while also providing you with the opportunity to gain essential business & regulatory insights which will help develop your career and open up future opportunities.
- Collate data in accordance with established processes and deliver high quality inputs for inclusion in the regulatory returns, operating in a controlled, timely & efficient manner
- Perform robust analytical review, provide insightful analysis and challenge inputs to ensure the data in the returns is accurate and understood by stakeholders
- Support the maintenance of the regulatory reporting control framework including reviewing the adequacy of internal controls, updating reporting documentation and proactively managing risks and issues
- Recommend opportunities to improve the production processes and control environment and support initiatives to implement your recommendations
- Develop your regulatory reporting knowledge and business insights to become a "go-to" subject matter professional who can provide guidance and support to team members and business partners
- Hold a relevant third-level qualification in a financial discipline (e.g. Business, Accounting) or another discipline involving a significant numerical element (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, IT).
- 2 to 3 years banking regulatory reporting experience (primarily Liquidity, CoRep or Statistical reporting) or relevant banking experience within Credit Risk or Treasury teams
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Proven ability to interrogate data and provide insightful analysis
- Evidence of delivery within a demanding environment, to tight deadlines while managing conflicting priorities
- Evidence of operating in a professional manner - self-starter who takes pride in their work, demonstrates strong attention to detail, control focus and appropriate delivery ownership
- Strong team player who works well with others and supports colleagues
Desirable Skills & Experience
- SAS / SQL / VBA
- Ability to interpret relevant technical papers and communicate technical issues
- Qualified / part-qualified accountant desirable but not essential
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Apr 04, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.