Role: Trainee Accountant
Salary: GBP16,000 – GBP20,000
Quinton Davies are working on behalf of a small but successful accountancy practice based in Plymouth who are looking to grow their team with the addition of a Trainee Accountant.
My client describe themselves as friendly and supportive so cultural fit is a big factor for them. The feel is very much that of a family operated firm and they have managed to keep this over the years without sacrificing quality of service to their substantial client base.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing accounts and tax returns for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Be a point of contact for a mixture of delegated and newly–won clients, manage their basic accounting needs and undertake ad hoc assignments
- Prepare personal and partnership tax returns to include PAYE, unearned income, tax deductions, pensions, self–employed and partnership income
- Complete business tax returns and supplementary reports for HMRC
- You will be AAT qualified and looking to further progress onto ACCA or ACCA
- Experience of working in practice and looking to develop your skills further is essential
- The individual should be ambitious, hard–working and self–motivated
- Excellent communication skills are important for the variety of client contact that will be faced
Thanks for considering an application. We do receive a high volume of applicants and as such we aren't unfortunately always able to respond to unsuccessful applicants. As such, if we haven't responded to your application on this occasion then your application has not been successful