Growing SME Manufacturing company based in Warrington is seeking experienced Management Accountant to oversee growing accounts department, this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Management Accountant to join a growing SME.
Fantastic SME that has been established over 20 years experience within the manufacturing industry, they have grown from significantly and are looking to further expand the finance department.
This is a Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious part qualified management accountant to work in a positive manufacturing environment.
The successful Management Accountant will be expected to;
- To support the development of quick, accurate and accessible management information for all key stakeholders with a range of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. This will include the reporting of Key Performance Indicators and metrics.
- To support the production of accurate management accounts, including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow, cost centre reports and variance analysis.
- To prepare and process general ledger journals as defined by the Head of Finance, ensuring accounting records are accurately maintained and routine monthly reporting timetable is met.
- To complete defined Balance Sheet Reconciliations as part of the month end process ensuring reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner.
- To manage the process of accounting for fixed assets to ensure that carrying values are correctly stated, assets are capitalised in a timely manner, depreciation and amortisation are correctly recognised and impairment issues are reflected as they arise.
- To support the Head of Finance in preparing for year-end audit and ensuring that there are no issues during the year-end audit process.
- To support the preparation and consolidation of quarterly forecasts, annual budget. This will include attendance at formal reviews, on-going challenge to budget holders to ensure robust out turn estimates and maintaining risks and opportunity trackers
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts to recognised accounting standards
- Manage the company expenses and credit card reconciliations and posting within the company guidelines.
- Process the payroll for company and update the relevant statutory requirements, HMRC, Pensions provider, HR etc.
- Financial analysis and production of ad hoc reports in line with the requirements of the Head of Finance.
- Assistance in the development and implementation of processes, controls and changes to the ERP system.
- Engage in process improvement projects.
- Act as holiday/sickness cover for colleagues within the Finance team.
- Support the development of BOM's for production and develop reporting and variance analysis on production throughput.
- Deputise the Head of Finance when required.
The successful Management Accountant will be;
- ACCA/CIMA studier
- Able to hit the ground running
- Reporting focused
- Industry focused
- Looks to continuously improve processes
- Experience of using ERP systems
- Experience in using Navision desirable
- Experience in manufacturing role desirable
The successful Management Accountant will receive;
- £30000 - £35000 (D.O.E)
- Study support
- Company pension
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days holiday plus bank
- Health care