Our client has a newopportunity for a Management Accountant to join the Finance team based in Folkestone. You will join them on a full time, permanent basisand receive a highly competitive salary of up to GBP40,000 per annum and benefits!
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; they offer an environment where they will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Finance in the Finance Department, this role is ideally suited to qualified accountant with experience in projects and change implementation. This role will be responsible for supporting the finance development and integration of the SID project – providing subject expertise to ensure finance reporting, controlling and process systems are developed, integrated, maintained and documented to facilitate the successful delivery of finance process of the SID programme.
In return for joining as their Management Accountant, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Key responsibilities of the Management Accountant:
– Take responsibility for the company for the development of financial reporting, MI, control, analysis and payment services
– Supporting project accounting, benefit tracking, monthly and year–end analytics and reporting for statutory reporting and external audit
– Provide appropriate challenge and support to the finance teams on business requirements, process design and efficiency improvements
– Drive system development, implementation and change to deliver process improvement and enhanced MI
– Continuous design and improvement of finance processes to satisfy business requirements and support decision making / business operations
– Continue to drive Finance report improvements in order to drive efficiency and enhanced presentation of data to support the business
– Provide cover and support for SID–Finance team in order to ensure deliverables are met within required deadlines
– Provide support to the Head of Finance – MI and SID on all matters as required
Experience and skills required to be their Management Accountant:
– Demonstrable competence of working at a Management Accountant level, particularly in a project / change / system environment
– Good technical accounting skills
– Would ideally have experience in a sizeable (1000+ employees) organisation, ideally a plc
– Would ideally have experience in change implementation
– Able to demonstrate significant competence in the use of financial systems packages (general ledger, financial modelling systems) and advanced knowledge of Excel
– Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills, such as task and diary management, work and project planning, file and record keeping (physical and electronic)
– Able to work as a team and capable of delivering objectives under pressure
– A professional approach and a high regard for confidentiality
– Graduate level or equivalent desirable
– Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant essential
– Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with a range of colleagues at varying levels of seniority
– Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box
If you would like to join the team as the Management Accountant, or find out more information, then please click 'apply' today – they'd love to hear from you!
To all recruitment agencies: the company does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to recruiters, employees or any other company location. The company is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.