The key aspect of the role is to ensure key monthly and annual financial results, regulatory / HMRC reporting and internal technical accounting requirements.
The role will need to help maintain a strong financial internal control framework, input into the creation and / or maintenance of relevant Group accounting policies / procedures and ensure that there is good corporate governance.
A market leader in their field of expertise, based in modern offices in the Sunbury-On-Thames area, with free parking provded and easy acess via public transport .
The Financial Accountant role involves;
* Manage the preparation of Group monthly consolidated accounts, including our holding companies and deliver accurate monthly management accounts to the timelines set out by the business.
* Support the preparation of the UK entity and Group annual statutory accounts including ownership of the preparation of any annuals schedules and supporting documents required for the completion of the external audit of the UK entity.
* Ownership of the preparation of UK reporting requirements.
* Assist with the preparation of UK entity and Group corporation tax returns.
* Oversight of the production of and principal sign off of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations for the UK entity, to be reviewed quarterly by the Head of FC&R.
* Lead for all Group VAT matters including quarterly returns and providing advice to Senior Management.
* Maintain the management accounts reporting suite, ensuring the design is reflective of the business requirements, is adaptive to future updates/changes and content is consistent with other Group submissions.
* Responsibility for the integrity of the Financial data posted to, processed and held on our accounting ledgers, currently Access Dimensions.
* Responsible for the accurate calculation of the income cash sweeps from the accounts for the UK entities.
* Completion of regular cash flow forecasts and monitoring of cash adequacy for daily operations for the UK entity.
* Ensure compliance with internal financial controls and processes. Continually review processes, making recommendations for improvements to ensure that we have effective and efficient workflows in place.
* Provide support and coaching to other members of the team and provide 1st line of cover for the Head of FC&R as and when required.
* Assist with the day to day supervision of the Financial Control & Reporting team, freely providing coaching, support and guidance wherever required
* In addition to the specifics above, you may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post and department above.
The ideal candidate for the Financial Accountant role will;
- be part-qualified/finalist level ACCA (or CIMA)
- have worked in a similar role previously
- highly progressive and looking for a role that will offer significant opportunities for growth and development
- Proficient in the creation and maintenance of complex reporting models. Implementation of best practice in design (model workflows, link maintenance, scenario analysis, trackers, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability to analyse large and complex data sets and understand / interpret key drivers of the business.
- strong excel skills
The Financial Accountant role offers £40-45,000 + 10% bonus, + study support, and structured career progression, as well as other benefits to be discussed.