The Internal Audit Department provides staff with an excellent grounding in all aspects of the business, and interaction with Management enables strong relationships to be built.
Recognised global brand in the Midlands.
A standard distribution of time:
1. Risk assessment / Audit Plan - 10%
2. Perform audit reviews - 70%
3. Follow up internal audit recommendations - 10%
4. Perform or participate in control related ad-hoc projects and investigations - 10%.
Main tasks are to be performed in line with professional standards of the IIA and Group internal guidelines, and comprise the following:
- Having a thorough mastery of audit techniques, participate in audit reviews primarily within the environment operating within the UK, from planning to reporting and follow up phases.
- Deliver conclusions and recommendations supported by comprehensive and value-added written reports.
- Manage the relationship with key members of Management within assigned functions on behalf of the Audit Department (depending on experience).
- Participate in periodic Risk Assessment exercises
- Contribute to quality and effectiveness within the business by providing pro-active advice supported by practical and balanced solutions to issues.
Highly motivated and proactive, with the following attributes:
- Degree level qualification
- An auditing or accountancy qualification (ideally chartered accountancy)
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the following attributes:
- Commitment and drive
- Strong ability to analyse & synthesize complex information
- Thoroughness of approach, with the ability to prioritise competing demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently & within a close-knit team as the situation requires
- A willingness to undertake travel where necessary (mainly UK-based)
Excellent salary, bonus and package on offer.
The Internal Audit Department provides staff with an excellent grounding in all aspects of the business, and interaction with Management enables strong relationships to be built. Having performed successfully in this role, the individual will have the benefit of a broad range of career opportunities within the Group - both within Internal Audit, and wider business lines/functions; in the UK and abroad. A comprehensive training programme is in place to ensure continued professional development.