The payroll manager will lead and develop a team of two. The business is growing rapidly and requires an individual with a positive attitude that will be able to drive forward change. The successful candidate will work directly with the Financial Controller but will have close involvement with a range of stakeholders across the business.
My client are a leading hospitality business based in Central Bristol, who have sites across the UK. They are expanding rapidly, as seen by their 32% growth in 2018.
- Project manage the monthly and 4-weekly payrolls, ensuring that these are completed with plenty of time prior to cut-off times, without additional hours and the team being put under undue pressure.
- Supporting the implementation of new payroll and rota systems, with sufficient controls and safeguards in place.
- Complete all year-end statutory requirements and filings.
- Set up and maintain records to ensure that all queries and requests, relevant for the payroll, are completed.
- Managing new starters and leavers. Whilst good by industry standards, due to the nature of the business, there is large staff turnover at a site level.
- Deal with any queries, keeping on top of the payroll inbox, and escalating where necessary.
- Maintain healthy relationships with site staff up to operations managers, dealing with sensitive queries and providing them with clear and coherent advice.
- Keeping up to date with statutory legislative changes and ensuring compliance.
- Maintaining HMRC online account, making sure EPS and FPS submissions are correct, dealing with HMRC where necessary to ensure that tax payments are correctly allocated.
- Planning legislative changes including increased pension contributions and national minimum wage increases.
- Maintaining the company's credit card and expenses systems, chasing unsubmitted claims and processing the payment of cash expenses.
- Helping the accounts team with the processing of cash and credit card spend so that these are allocated correctly in the periodic accounts.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in a multi-site business (e.g. retail)
- Working knowledge and experience of Greentree, S4, Fourth, Microsoft word and Excel (beneficial but non-essential)
- Third party payroll provider account management
- Experience in managing and developing a team
- Positive, proactive and logical approach to work and problem solving
- Previous experience of system implementation and process improvement would be preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and accountability over data in Systems
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders across the business
This role will pay a highly competitive basic salary of up to £40k, plus good benefits including 10% bonus.