Trainee - Outsourcing Accounting
Grant Thornton are currently looking to expand their growing Outsourced Accounting team. Joining this team will afford the right candidate the opportunity to work closely with Managers and will have a real opportunity to provide a valued contribution. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is keen to advance their career, who is capable of working to tight deadlines and be the point of contact for numerous clients. Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm.
- Monthly profit and loss, balance sheet, and management accounts reporting for a variety of SME’s.
- Variance analysis and KPI reporting where applicable.
- Ledger control, processing monthly journals and ad hoc activities to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Periodic balance sheet reconciliation and ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Liaise with clients and maintain relationships internally and externally.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of accounting applications and tools to support client requirements.
- Preparation of VAT, and other relevant taxation returns;
- Preparation of client Annual Financial Statements to review stage
- Preparation of working papers to support preparation of VAT returns.
Skills and attributes:
- strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Working knowledge of Accounting Principles.
- Analytical and computer skills in MS Office, Excel
- Positive attitude and flexibility.
- Customer focused.
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standards.
- Strong team working skills, collaborative mindset
- Strong time mgt., organisational skills.
- High attention to detail.
Qualifications / Experience
- Part Qualified, currently studying CPA/ATI/ACCA/CIMA
- Minimum of at least 1-2 years’ experience in an accounting environment.
- Degree in Business, Finance or equivalent qualification desirable.
- Experience of existing Accounting Systems an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.