Audit Compliance Manager
Audit Compliance Officer
BDO is one of the world's leading accountancy and advisory organisations. We have clients of all types and sizes, in every sector, but that's only part of the story!
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
We are seeking an Audit Compliance Officer to join our busy Audit Department. Working closely with the head of Audit you will be responsible for maintaining our compliance framework; ensuring that all our policies and standards are up to date, that all our obligations are understood and that we remain constantly in compliance. You will be responsible for maintenance of the compliance framework in line with relevant legislation and audit and accounting regulations. You will provide high quality regulatory advice and guidance to help the business meet regulatory, strategic and tactical objectives.
* Identify and advise on all regulatory and legal requirements applicable to Audit.
* Assist in relation to the documentation of policies and procedures in line with regulatory/legal and IASSA/CAI requirements
* Promoting a compliance culture; support the development and delivery of compliance education and training programmes:
o Identifying any required legislative or policy updates and designing and conducting training on legislative and regulatory topics in Audit.
o Monitor and oversee changes in trends in order to develop effective training/communication interventions that prevent violations of regulations and internal policies.
o Ensuring all required reporting is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
* Support the delivery of compliance processes and procedures to ensure that sound and responsible business practices are incorporated into the day to day operations of the business.
o Support the risk management framework and ensuring it is effective
o Assist in reporting on the risk management and mitigation status.
* Monitoring and assessing changes in regulation, legislation and law which will affect the business. Communicating key information to the business and enabling the change process.
* Managing projects to ensure ongoing compliance
* Provide updates to the Audit Management, Firm Leadership and Risk Committee as appropriate.
* CAI Qualified Accountant
* At least 3 years post qualification relevant accounting experience with a strong interest in technical accounting and auditing advice.
* Detailed knowledge and experience of providing focused regulatory and technical support and advice to stakeholders.
* Experience of compliance monitoring, as well as the ability to plan and devise new solutions.
* Robust understanding of the Irish regulatory framework.
* Good communication skills will also be key as you will be required to deal with stakeholders at all levels within the business.
* Positive attitude and a high level of personal drive.