Are you a skilled, positive, and ambitious person with a passion for serving young people? Come join our engaging, person–centered team that is dedicated to improving the lives of the youth in Sonoma Valley!
ORGANIZATION: Founded in 2010, Teen Services Sonoma is a nonprofit corporation with a mission to engage and support teens and young adults with work–readiness skills and experiences that empower them to succeed. TSS provides employment and career resources to young people ages 13–24 in collaboration with schools, local businesses and other nonprofits organizations. Our primary programs are: Ready to Work, the Lovin' Oven, Operation Bicycle and the Teen Center.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Accountant maintains accurate, well–documented, accessible and timely TSS financial records to assist management in running the organization and the Board of Directors in fulfilling their fiscal responsibilities. This is a hands–on role that requires an experienced professional who is comfortable and confident with day to day details. This is a 20 hour a week position with flexibility in hours and time spent at TSS commensurate with fulfilling the necessary tasks, reports, and analyses. The Accountant reports to the Executive Director.
- Perform all accounting functions including, but not limited to, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable banking, and cash management.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close procedures and ensure the timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of internal financial reporting to management. Ensure the effectiveness of internal controls and integrity of accounting records and resulting financial statements.
- Assist management in creating an annual budget for the organization and for each of its social enterprise businesses and monitoring financial performance.
- Data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, grant accounting and preparation of financial reports.
- Prepare and pay Payroll taxes, Business Tax returns, and Sales Tax returns.
- Prepare information for tax accountant for annual income tax returns.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two years experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong organizational, time management, follow up, and project management skills
- Deadline and detail–oriented, self–directed and able to effectively complete tasks with little supervision
- Experience in developing and implementing financial policies, procedures, and initiatives
- Fluent in English; possessing clear and effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- An inclusive, collaborative and team–oriented outlook
Founded in 2010, Teen Services Sonoma's (TSS) mission is to engage and support teens and young adults with work–readiness skills and experiences that empower them to succeed. TSS provides employment and career resources to young people ages 13–24 in collaboration with schools, local businesses and other nonprofits.