Manager - Cash Management and Analysis
The Manager - Cash Management and Analysis is responsible for delivering a clear and accurate cash flow forecast, built up country by country over 13 week cycles. This role will require a close working relationship with the Banking and Treasury teams to ensure that the necessary funds are available when required. It's envisaged that the current processes will need to be re-designed to ensure that issues are highlighted.
Our highly acquisitive client, based in Bristol are currently looking for a Manager - Cash Management and Analysis to take ownership of multiple countries and their cash flow forecasts.
The Manager - Cash Management and Analysis will report into the Financial Controller - Europe and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivering accurate and timely cash flow forecasts for all ROE countries, entities and bank accounts using pre-defined templates.
- Reviewing and analysing processes to ensure fit for purpose.
- Identification and escalation of any cash flow shortfalls in a timely way to ensure that funds are available when required.
- Managing all stakeholder requirements, to include the Treasury team and in country CFO's and CEO's.
- Ensuring complete and accurate data is delivered to the Banking team in time to enable movement of funds between bank accounts.
- Assisting the European Finance Director and Controller as required.
- Quickly acquiring in-depth knowledge of current treasury reporting processes and systems.
- Being proactive in issue identification and resolution, including identification of risks.
- Training, coaching and management of direct reports to ensure the deliverables are met on time and to a high level of accuracy.
The role will initially have a Cash Flow Analyst direct report. Over time the number of direct reports may increase.
Training, coaching and management of the assistant will be the responsibility of the Cash Flow Analyst and Forecaster to ensure deliverables are met on time, to a high level of accuracy and to ensure that the assistant is developed appropriately.
Although the local CFO's will drive the acquisition process in country, as new territories are entered they will need support, in particular relating to legacy account advice, management and control. All new territories will need to be incorporated into current processes to ensure the smooth integration of new surgeries joining the group.
There will be the need to travel to on occasion.
- Strong academically - educated to degree level and having completed their professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA or similar).
- Experience of treasury operations and cash flow management in a multi-national and multi-currency group.
- This person should be several years post-qualification, with evidence of CPD.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, fluid environment - flexibility is key.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel.
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly.
- A questioning mind; this person should always be looking for where improvements can be made.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships between teams.
- Understanding of small companies and how they work, but needs big company background to understand/suggest best practice principles and help to drive change.
- Relevant languages - the intention is to bring as many relevant languages into the SSC as possible.
- Knowledge and understanding of AP & Payroll.
- Understanding of cash flow, cash flow forecasting and the interaction between Banking/Payments/Treasury.