Commercial Finance Analyst
The Commercial Finance Analyst provides the day-to-day financial support for the National account managers. Supporting the Senior Business Partner to understand and improve performance by customer and channel to deliver profitable growth for the business. Based within the FP&A team, this role joins the resource that is integral to driving the business forward and making key commercial decisions.
Our client is a well-known, international FMCG organisation who pride themselves on having a very successful and reputable brand.
- Prepare and review regular reporting and analysis, including the provision of insightful commentary developed with the business highlighting risks and opportunities
- Prepare month end results including commercial commentary with variance analysis of actual results to budget / forecast and prior year
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts in partnership with the sales teams. Identifying key assumptions, challenges and opportunities.
- Own the Financial evaluation of promotions and growth areas
- Provide ad hoc commercial analysis and recommendations to support channel deliverables
- Financial modelling & investment appraisal of new customer terms including sensitivity analysis
- Develop and drive through improvements to forecasting, reporting and other financial processes to gain better control and visibility of performance
- Finalist / Qualified accountant
- Business partnering experience
- Commercial experience
- Excellent Excel skills are essential; experience of Oracle would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to understand and communicate complex data sets to non-finance colleagues
- Attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage competing priorities in a rapidly changing and demanding environment
- Able to build and maintain trust and respect with colleagues
- Ability to challenge and influence in a positive manner
Competitive Basic + Benefits