Joining a busy and expanding team in Central Birmingham as a Property Accountant.
Well established Organisation who are continually expanding and growing their Accounts team.
Key responsibilities of the Property Accountant will consist of the following:
- To ensure the maintenance of lease details on the database is performed in an accurate & timely manner.
- Maintain and update property service charge year end and budget information on the database, monitor budget to actual reporting and actively manage shortfalls in the service charge account.
- Responsibility of budget monitoring of own portfolio and reporting exceptions.
- Carry out quarterly reviews of the Service Charge accounts with surveyor/facilities manager.
- Complete year end reviews with surveyors and BGVA appointed accountants.
- Produce monthly financial reporting and take responsibility for Client statement updates.
- Produce VAT reports including monthly or quarterly reconciliation and settlement of the VAT account.
- Report directly to Clients at regular finance/accounts review meetings both on/off-site.
- Assume full responsibility and control of the quarterly timetable for own portfolio for all regular charges and liaising with the admin team.
- Responsibility of accurate recovery of ad-hoc/one-off lease recharges.
- Liaise with utilities team on all issues they may have with the portfolio.
- Ensure timely recovery of utility charges and associated reconciliation of the utility recharge account.
- Review of all bank account reconciliations for the portfolio and ensuring that the reconciling items are dealt with correctly on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with cashiers on all issues they may have with the portfolio.
- Arrange all Rental/Insurance receipts to be transferred to clients, proving ad-hoc requests as appropriate.
- Responsibility for weekly/monthly updates to departmental control and compliance reports for the portfolio.
The successful candidate for the Property Accountant, will be working in property Accounts at the moment and this can either be a linear more, or a step up for them.
Excellent package and study support.