An exciting opportunity for a finance professional to join a driven and ambitious team and telecommunications business in which they can continue to build and develop their skill set and knowledge as an Assistant Accountant. Within this position the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Divisional and Portfolio Accountants with the end to end finances for the projects undertaken by the business.
A driven and ambitious telecommunications business based from the heart of historic Cambridge who present a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to progress in both their studies and career. Operating from state of the art facilities as well as presenting daily contact with senior and experienced accountants they offer a brilliant working environment and development opportunities.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for:
- Creating budgets and forecasts for a number of projects and presenting these to project leads
- Reviewing working capital management undertaken by portfolio leads
- Assist with the preparation of reconciliations of actual cost to budget when required
- Assist with the production and posting of detailed journals
- Assist both the Divisional and Portfolio Accountant with the production of cost model reconciliations
- Produce monthly cost analysis, working closely with foreign offices
The successful Assistant Accountant will be:
- AAT qualified or actively studying ACCA or CIMA
- Advanced user of Excel capable of V Lookups and Pivot Tables
- Confident in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders within the business
- Experienced in working in a fast paced, project based environment
- Previously exposed to process implementation across a number of systems
- A driven individual keen on personal development as well as team success
The successful Assistant Accountant will be making a fantastic career step in joining this rapidly growing and recognised telecommunications business in Cambridge. They can offer a competitive salary as well as wide ranging benefits package which will include study support and opportunities for overseas travel.