Regional Financial Controller
Excellent opportunity for someone to step up in to a Regional Financial Controller role in Central London. Over looking areas such as controls, finance, accounting, tax, treasury and the shared service centre this offers a lot of opportunity for development.
WeWork started their mission in 2010 to create a social, productive and inspiring shared work space for professionals around the globe.
With their unique design and flexible concept, they wanted to create a community as well as an individual space for people to work and also come together. Their incredible success story is testament to an unwavering visions coupled with commercial execution. Now in 554 locations across 97 cities they can truly call themselves world class in what they do.
In their offices, WeWork have created a culture of always challenging and never settling to realise their mission. As they continue to expand and add to their portfolio, they are also looking to grow their finance team in London with high potential individuals.
The Regional Financial Controller will be accountable for;
Preparation of accounts
- Manage the monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all tasks, with particular attention to revenue recognition, construction accounting, and operating expense accruals
- Review and approve monthly trial balance
- Complete monthly management representation back to the HQ controllership
- Manage accounting around ASC 275 - Risks and Uncertainties, as well as ASC 450 - Contingencies
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly
- Ensure there are no impairment events that should be communicated back to HQ
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the accounting records and financial systems
- Production of statutory accounts and manage the audit cycle, as required and in accordance with local regulations
Financial management & controls
- Active management of overheads and supporting the business in finding cost savings
- Strive to develop and maintain a best in practice internal control environment
- Seek out and implement continuous improvement opportunities in all areas of responsibility
- Support the execution and implementation of the company's global tax strategy
- Team with the local tax senior manager to ensure all relevant tax deadlines and regulations are satisfied
- Support the local tax senior manager in implementing a cross-functional process to properly document and record tax implications of cross-border transactions
- Assist in coordinating tax advisory services to mitigate tax risks and exposure
- Monitoring business performance
- Monitoring cash flow / projections
- Manage the market specific billing and collection process
- Own the market specific payroll process and aggregate reporting for the region
- Ensure a stable relationship with our outsource vendor and monitor trends/variances
- Oversee end-to-end Accounts Payable and Receivable Processes across Shared Services and Treasury, ensuring alignment across teams to improve process and drive efficiency
- Review weekly and monthly cash forecasts for region prepared by Regional Treasury team, with respect to construction projects
The Regional Financial Controller will be;
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Business or other quantitative focus
- Significant experience at Financial Controller level - at least 8+ years Finance equivalent functions; 5+ years of experience in senior finance roles (Consulting, Big 4 etc.) a big plus
- Experience in fast paced, start-up environments is preferred - able to work comfortably under pressure, frequently changing landscape and tight deadlines. Property experience is useful.
- A strategic thinker with excellent business judgement
- Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once
- Resourceful and relentless: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Highly Innovative problem solver: possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, and project planning skills, and demonstrating ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
- Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Highly proficient in Microsoft and Google Suite applications
Workday experience is preferred
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer DOE, based in London.