Excellent opportunity for a Group Internal Auditor to join this aggressively growing business in the Midlands.
Leading Midlands business with exciting growth plans.
Reporting into the Group Internal Audit Manager you will:
- Deliver planned and ad-hoc audit engagements as requested by the Group Head of Internal Audit and Group Internal Audit Manager.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organisation's risk management, governance and internal control processes.
- Make recommendations which will improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes.
- Undertake internal audits (planning, execution, wrap-up and follow-up) in line with the agreed Annual Audit Plan. (both financial and non financial)
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of the Groups' internal financial controls. Propose and present practical recommendations (written and verbal) to management for improvements in controls and business processes.
- Facilitate the biannual Internal Control Self Assessments; and assist in the compilation of the Group Risk Register.
- Monitor and drive action of audit recommendations through communication with Division/Group.
Perform ad-hoc projects as directed by the Group Head of Internal Audit and Group Internal Audit Manager, e.g. Process improvements, Post Acquisition reviews, Policy reviews, Fraud Investigations, etc.
- Ideally Qualified Accountant or Auditor - ACA, ACCA, CIMA, IIA, CIA or equivalent
- Audit experience within industry or practice either internal or external audit.
- Expertise in the auditing of Balance Sheets.
- Multi-site client base, preferably manufacturing industry.
- Making recommendations for control improvements.
- Exposure to shared service centre working.
- Computer literate - Excel skills required.
- Exposure to large IT systems e.g. SAP/ Navision.
- Full driving license (travel c30% UK mainly and European based).
- Working with mid/senior management.
- Working both independently and as part of a team to complete audits.
Superb package on offer with excellent career development.