The Project Accountant is responsible for project and financial reporting in the UK business. You will work with project managers to set up, update and maintain project information and budgets within the project accounting system. This entails working with the Head of Finance to track performance against forecast, reporting information accurately and regularly to project and senior managers.
This global consultancy business have a strong client based across Europe, Middle East and Africa. Their head office is based in the City of London.
As the Project Accountant you will be responsible for the following:
- Setting up of new projects with correct information.
- Review and adjust revenue recognised on accounting system to ensure revenue is reported as accurately as possible for fixed-price projects.
- Ensure Time & Material projects are continually updated to show accurate contract values and forecasted hours.
- Track milestones and liaise with project managers to ensure invoices are sent on time, that they are accurately raised, and that the customer is ready to accept the invoice. In addition, ensure contact information about clients is correct.
- Obtaining bid and performance bonds for projects.
- Collections: contact client one week after invoice is raised to confirm safe receipt of invoice and all is in order for on-time payment.
- Warn Head of Finance of potential collections problems and discuss routes to escalate.
- Post cash receipts when invoices paid.
- Management reporting of above areas including project performance, revenue recognised for the month-to-date, overdues and other KPI's.
- Assist with the year-end audit and any other ad hoc requirements.
To be considered for the role of Project Accountant you must have the following:
- 3-5 years work experience withing a similar role
- CIMA / ACCA part-qualified
- Exposure to a large ERP e.g. Oracle / SAP / Dynamics
£35,000 - £38,000 + benefits