Audit & Advisory Manager – IFRS Advisory Services
Deloitte Vietnam welcomes applicants from the Philippines.
IFRS Conversion will be one of the burning topics in Vietnam. We are under the pressure to make our statement whether or not to follow IFRS, the global accounting language. This is not only to fulfill our commitment with relevant stakeholders but also to unlock the wealth of opportunities to Vietnam.
The challenge of IFRS conversion projects will usually be very significant, depending on the differences between the local standards and IFRS (or the IFRS based standards that your regulator has decided to enforce). With many stakeholders involved, and given the combination of marketing, financial reporting, human resources, IT, process, controls, tax and risk management issues, change needs to manage.
Deloitte has extensive IFRS experience serving companies. With thousands of IFRS-experienced professionals in our global and local network, we provide a comprehensive array of services related to IFRS and, as a multidisciplinary organization, to assist companies in addressing a wide range of IFRS issues.
- IFRS Implementation – Implement a new set of accounting policies from the existing policies and develop a solution to sustain the statutory report;
- IFRS Conversion – Integrated the conversion process into existing for dual reporting purpose
- IFRS Transition/Integration – Transit a newly acquired company into the acquirer’s accounting system (PMI Project);
- IFRS Conversions for M&A transactions and for management purpose including statement completion review and bridging gap from the last date of the available report to the date of acquisition;
- IFRS Training – A tailor made program that suite the client’s adoption or convergence plan;
- Specific GAP Analysis to evaluate the potential effects of IFRS 15 – Revenue from customer contract, IFRS 9 – Financial Instrument and IFRS 16 – Leases.
As a Manager within the IFRS Advisory team, you will be responsible for developing the approach and workflow to execute the project. It is also coaching a high performance team to deliver the services. This will involve driving IFRS advisory projects to increase the quality, efficiency and value of our services including.
A successful candidate will have responsibility to:
- Lead a small team of 4-5 person to deliver the agreed projects and report to a partner;
- Develop/design advisory approach and work step to deliver individual project
- Develop/design deliverables for each project responsible including IFRS implementation and IFRS conversion;
- Develop and execute in-country IFRS Advisory strategy, aligning it with the Deloitte Vietnam practices and Southeast Asia (SEA) member firm.
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to design and develop advisory solutions that suits to each of the target;
- Manage analysts to ensure the delivery of high quality work, including providing direction to approach engagements, developing timelines and managing budgets, and reviewing work of the analysts with high attention to detail;
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team
- Be the first point of contact to support senior management with proposal activities, which may include presentation to targets and/or senior management of clients
- Build local member firm’s brand eminence in IFRS advisory with go-to-market activities such as presentation/training.
- Identify business development opportunities to develop the advisory pipeline;
- Report to Country Advisory Partner on a monthly basis on the status of key activities within the local member firm.
In addition to the above, you will take a significant and active role in development of the practice, development of our people, building brand eminence and shaping and growing the business, particularly in areas relating to IFRS Advisory.
- A recognised degree or professional qualification in Accounting/Finance or any other related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in audit and advisory
- Hands on experience with IFRS implementation projects before this application. A manager roles in such projects is a plus
- Experience with IFRS Adoption/Convergence with home country is a credit;
- Management skills ‑ being able to manage multiple analysts across different pieces of work to ensure effective delivery;
- An understanding of key financial processes in an organisation and the typical risks associated with these processes;
- Experience of managing client relationships and delivering multiple pieces of work in parallel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
Deloitte SEA offers integrated services that include Audit, Enterprise Risk, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in SEA and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within. At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
Apply for Audit & Advisory Manager – IFRS Advisory Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly